You are under no obligation to provide us with your personal information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or information you have requested, or any of our information, services or products.
How we collect your personal information
In general, we collect personal information about visitors or potential visitors to Blanc Spa, suppliers, contractors and consultants to Blanc Spa, and any person who applies to become an employee or contractor of Blanc Spa.
We aim to collect personal information only if it is reasonably necessary to provide the services, products or information you have requested from us.
In the course of providing you with services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. Unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly. In some cases however, we will collect information about you from a third party. For example, if you are a visitor to Blanc Spa, we may collect your personal information from another person who makes a booking on your behalf.
At the time of collection, or as soon as practicable after we have collected it, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to notify or make you aware of the collection and of any matters relevant to the collection, unless it is obvious from the circumstances that you would know or would expect us to have the information.
Blanc Spa may collect personal information about you when you:
- make a booking to visit or use any of the facilities or services at Blanc Spa;
- make an enquiry with us by phone, email or on our website (www.blancspa.com.au (the “Site”);
- engage with us in the course of receiving products, services or information from us or enquiring about our services, information and products;
- visit the Site;
- subscribe to receive newsletters or information from Blanc Spa;
- apply as a candidate for a position of employment with us; and
- supply goods or services to us.
What kind of personal information we collect about you
The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on your interactions with us, what you share with us or whether the law requires us to collect it.
For example, we may collect the following information about you:
- your full name;
- your email address, phone number, address and other contact details;
- age and gender;
- details of products or services we have provided to you or the products or services that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries; and
- details about you to assist in managing our relationship with you and providing you with our services.
We may also collect sensitive information such as medical or health information about you, including any health conditions that you may have if they are relevant to the products and services we are providing to you and your COVID-19 vaccination status. We collect your vaccination status information to manage or prevent COVID-19 in our business and to ensure the health and safety of our employees and clients
If you are a prospective employee, we may collect details about your employment history and other details about you to assist with the recruitment process. We may collect this information from you directly, or from a recruiter.
Information collected on the Site
For each visit to the Site, we may also collect the following non-personally identifiable information using third party analytics providers; certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We collect your personal information primarily to:
- provide our services, products and information to you;
- communicate with you generally in relation to our services and products;
- help us manage our products and services; and
- otherwise manage our relationship with you.
If it is reasonable to expect that we would use or disclose your personal information for purposes which are related to the above primary purposes, we may also use or disclose your personal information to:
- assist you with enquiries or complaints;
- develop and improve our client service and relationships;
- promote, advertise and market any of our services and products, including to invite you to events or activities hosted by Blanc Spa;
- telling you about other providers or suppliers that supply information, goods or services that may be of interest or applicable to you;
- comply with our legal obligations (including to comply with any law or any lawful request of a law enforcement agency or government authority) or resolve any disputes; or
- inform you of developments at Blanc Spa and other services, products or information that we can provide.
Generally, we will not direct market to anyone unless they are given an opportunity to opt out of receiving future direct marketing communications. However, if we contact you for the purpose of direct marketing without having obtained your consent first because it is impracticable for us to do so, we will at that time provide you with the opportunity to decline receiving any further marketing communications from us.
Sharing of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to organisations or people outside of our business for the purposes of assisting us to run our business and to provide products, services and information to you.
The third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information include:
- external providers of services that we may use to operate our business and manage our business systems (database, CRM and mail and email service providers, marketing and e-commerce service providers, couriers, providers of accounting and payment processing services) and IT technicians who may need access when providing support and other professional service providers as required from time to time;
- third parties that may provide or assist us with events or services at Blanc Spa; For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- if you are an employee of one of our corporate customers, retailers, contractors or suppliers, we may also disclose your personal information to your employer; and
- our professional advisors and agents.
The privacy and collection practices of entities to whom we disclose personal information are governed by their own privacy policies and collection notices.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless the disclosure:
- is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have a question, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
572 Malvern Road
Prahran VIC 3181